Thursday, May 20, 2010

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Maamkio! Here I begin an online journal of my forthcoming adventure in Kenya. This entry will be brief as I am pressed for time, though I hope to include my thoughts on: Kenyan culture, economics, food, weather, health, clothing, music, dance, rituals, traditions, and values in future posts, while giving insight to my own expectations, struggles, and triumphs. As such, my last couple days in the United States can be summed up as follows:

Q: What are you doing to prepare for your Peace Corps service in Africa?

A: Yesterday I packed a large suitcase, a backpack and a guitar. Today I watched The Lion King. Tomorrow I leave.

Is it really that simple? Nope. But hey, Hakuna Matata.

2 comments:

  1. I just thought this post could use a comment.

    (and what a great attitude to start out with)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog, and this post specifically, convinced me to start my own Peace Corps blog.

    I'll be headed to Kenya in June and I was trying to figure out what it was like.

    ReplyDelete